Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm Back! Predicting the Mets Opening-day Roster.

Well, given the time that's elapsed since my last post, I figured there wasn't really a need to go back and finish out my "State of the Team" series. Instead, I'm going to look forward to opening day and predict the Mets roster as it will look on opening day. I'll start with giving an overview of who I think, and then give some analysis of each group of positions.

So here goes:
C - Josh Thole
1B - Ike Davis
2B - Luis Castillo
SS - Jose Reyes
3B - David Wright
LF - Jason Bay
CF - Angel Pagan
RF - Carlos Beltran
C - Mike Nickeas
IF - Daniel Murphy
IF - Chin-lung Hu
OF - Scott Hairston
OF - Willie Harris

SP - Mike Pelfrey
SP - R.A. Dickey
SP - Jon Niese
SP - Chris Young
SP - Chris Capuano
RP - Francisco Rodriguez
RP - Bobby Parnell
RP - D.J. Carrasco
RP - Jason Isringhausen
RP - Taylor Buchholz
RP - Tim Byrdak
RP - Pedro Beato

Note - Nickeas makes the team due to the 8-game suspension remaining for C Ronny Paulino.

Also in the mix - 2B Brad Emaus, IF/OF Nick Evans, OF Lucas Duda, RP Manny Acosta, RP Pat Misch, RP Oliver Perez, RP Boof Bonser, SP Dillon Gee, RP Blaine Boyer, RP Michael O'Connor.

As I noted, more analysis to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment